1) Relive the Story- I don’t know about you, but listening to “Survive the Swordland” on the Sword Art Online soundtrack gives me the tingles when I think back to the amazing anime. There’s a different song for every part of the story and the score on its own expresses the story in its own wordless way.
2) New Music- Every time I listen to an opening or ending sung by a certain singer or band, I immediately go look up other songs by the same genre or music style. Thanks to Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I own both of ClariS’ albums. Their music is just so darn catchy!
I won’t forget the promises we exchanged
I close my eyes to affirm it
I will shake off the overwhelming darkness to move forward (ClariS – Connect)
3) Favourite Characters- Go ahead and download those character songs. Listening to the bonus albums is almost like an anime encore! I absolutely love the songs from Uta no Prince-Sama because each one reflects each character’s personality. Sometimes when I’m feeling down, listening to Ichinose-san sing to me can make me feel better. Hopefully your favourite character can do that for you too!
All the things you wish for might not become stars
But if you have a dream you believe in
There will be thousands of the brightest shining jewels in the night sky
(Ichinose Tokiya – Nanairo no Compass)
4) Play Along! – There are tons of sheet music transcriptions compiled by fans for piano players, guitarists, flutists and almost every popular instrument there is out there. I love being able to play and sing to Lacus’s songs on the piano.
5) Drown out the World – Wherever you are, whatever you’re feeling, there’s probably a song for you. OST’s help you connect to the characters that you relate to and love, their stories stay with you through their music. Slipping on headphones or ear buds, and cranking up the volume is a great feeling on its own.
Hope you guys enjoyed this review. Thank you guys for reading! Feel free to comment below on YOUR reasons when it comes to listening to anime OSTs. Watashi kininarimasu!
What are you pondering today?
- ClariS Second Story Album Review (littlecloudcuriosity.wordpress.com)