Hey guys, this post is going to be a bit different…
Thank you thank you so much to Otaku Orbit for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I honestly didn’t think I would become so immersed into the blog world when I first started in my first year of university as a stress reliever from exams.
The Liebster award is designed to give exposure to new or smaller blogs with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules/requirements…
1) Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3) Nominate 1 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4) Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5) Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Here are the questions I was given…
1) Whats’ your favorite Anime and/or Manga series?
I think my favourite manga series has to be Pandora Hearts. When I first encountered the series, it was the story and art that pushed me out of the more kiddy-styled art and stories to more mature and darker themes. I love seeing series that rework the classic Alice in Wonderland aesthetics and ideas into new stories.
2) What’s the most played song on your iPod?
My most played song on my iPod is “Luminous” by ClariS which was released with the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movie. It’s so catchy and makes me feel like a magic girl when I listen to it. FLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
3) If you could travel through time or travel through space which would you choose?
I would travel through time to meet my favourite historical figures and my own ancestors and maybe put a mustache on the Mona Lisa just to see how the art critics of the present would try and make sense of it.
4) If you could be the best athlete in any sport which sport would you choose?
Definitely figure skating. It combines both of my two childhood favourites – dance and gymnastics.
5) If you could live in any fictional universe which would it be?
I would definitely have to choose Jin Yong’s Legend of the Condor Shooting Heroes in China in the Song Dynasty and learn most kickass martial arts EVER. I grew up with all those ancient Chinese stories so they really stick with me and all the history in those stories are a part of my roots.
6) What was the hardest thing you had to learn?
The hardest thing I’ve had to learn is that as much support as everyone gives you in life, it all comes down to your hard work and personal resolve. Oliver Goldsmith once said, “Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” You’ve got to know how to build a tough skin in life and pick yourself up no matter how hard it gets.
7) What’s the best part of being a blogger? What’s the worst?
The best thing about being a blogger is getting to write what I like to write. When there are so many trends, fads or ideas that media and other societal pressures, it’s nice to know that when you put your heart into your writing, when you’re writing things for no reason other than the fact that it’s your passion, there are people genuinely interested in your thoughts and willing to listen.
The worst part of being a blogger is probably juggling the blogging life with my regular life. Especially during the school year, it’s a challenge to keep up both my grades and my blog life but the pressure also drives me to be a more organized person.
8) Do you play video games? If so which genre is your favorite?
I do play video games and I grew up playing through every generation of Nintendo – from the grey block Gameboy all the way to the newest 3DS’s. I also enjoy online MMORPG games from time to time so my favourite genre is fantasy because it allows you to experience a completely different world and live a life of magic and monsters that, though it’s sad to say, might never be possible in the world.
9) If you can transform into one animal at will which one would it be?
I feel like this is the question that gets you during interviews cause it takes you by surprise. I would really want to try being a dragon because I’ve always wanted to fly… and spitting fire sounds pretty cool too.
10) Which “weapon” would you choose? A wand from Harry Potter, A lightsaber from Star Wars, or the sonic screwdriver from Dr. Who?
I would have to choose the lightsaber from Star Wars, but I’d probably have a greater chance of amputating myself… or others, than actually figuring out how to use it. I’d put an advertisement in the paper looking for a Yoda master to teach me the ways of the Jedi *bows head*
11) Do you see yourself blogging in 3 years?
I definitely see myself blogging in three years. I initially started my blog just to showcase photography but it’s become an extension of myself now. It’s a great place to interact with other people who have similar interests or insightful views to share. I look forward to blogging everyday and even when I say that I’m going to take a few days off because of school work or some holiday, I get blogger’s separation anxiety with my site haha
Now here is my list of nominations…
… And now for my 11 questions
1) If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
2) Why did you start blogging?
3) What’s your favourite anime or manga character and why?
4) Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
5) Do you think being an introvert or extrovert is more advantageous as a blogger?
6) If you enjoy books, what’s your favourite genre?
7) What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned thus far?
8) If you were a superhero, what superhero name would you take?
9) During a zombie apocalypse, what weapon would you go for?
10) Do you prefer sweet snacks or salty ones?
11) Where do you see yourself in three years?
Here are 11 Random Facts about Myself…
1) I love collecting stuff in general, not just anime stuff but coins, stamps, Christmas ornaments, pocky, and so on…
2) I know roughly five different languages – English, French, Cantonese, Mandarin and Latin
3) I absolutely love How I Met Your Mother, I follow, watch and rewatch religiously
4) I have such a huge sweet tooth for desserts and tasty treats
5) I’m classically trained in Ballet and danced for 18 years
6) I’m really spontaneous and do things on a flash of inspiration or even a whim
7) I am intensely crazy artsy and as a result I hate handling numbers and figures
8) I love travelling, it makes me feel free
9) I’m slightly addicted to Starbucks… just slightly, I swear!
10) I have blogger’s separation anxiety when I withhold from posting for more than two days
11) I got into the anime otaku and manga life because of my dad
So this is my Liebster Award post. Special thanks to Otaku Orbit for the nomination again and to all of you readers and followers! Love you guys!
What are you pondering today?