Hey guys! I’t’s been quite a while since I’ve posted a Light Otaku Living piece. I’ve been working on this post for a while now. Part of what pumps me up during summer is the fact that the sunny weather just motivates you to go outside and do exercise… Just kidding! Who wants to do exercise when we could curl up the corner with our favourite anime plushie and marathon our all-time favourite anime series for hours on end? Okay, that all sounds good and well but you have to get up SOMETIME because you need to eat, drink, handle other bodily functions and sleep… well, maybe not that last one when it comes to an anime marathon.
I’ve been noticing that I’ve been getting really antsy from holing up in the house all day for work or blog writing so one morning I decided to head down to my basement (where it’s the coolest in temperature) and start exercising.
All I did was compile a list of my favourite upbeat anime songs and start moving my body. Here’s what I use for my mini workout at home. I have exercises I do from 1-10 but songs 11-15 are other songs I use for cardio.
I love my otome game songs and I know the Fate series lean more towards shonen but you can’t NOT put Carnival Phantasm and Fate Zero in there! Also, Sword Art Online, anything with vocaloids and Touhou Project are also ones that stands in the middle of both shojo and shonen.
For the shonen playlist, I tried my best find all the best songs from a wide range of animes. I threw in a bit of Madoka because for some reason, all the guys I know absolutely love that series… as well as some K-On for you light music lovers 😉
Cloudy’s Shojo Otaku Personal Workout Playlist
1) Carnival Phantasm Opening; Super Affection- Running (on the spot, on the treadmill in circles, outside, anything that gets your heart pumping)
2) Ouran High School Host Club Ending; Shissou- Jumping Jacks
3) Fate Kaleid Liner Closing Theme; Prism Sympathy- Skipping Rope Jumps
4) Brothers Conflict Closing Theme; 14 to 1- Air Punches
5) Starry Sky Closing Theme; Starry Sky- Side Knee-Up Jumps
6) Uta no Prince-Sama Closing; Maji Love 1000%- Leg Kicks (Cheerleader style LOL)
7) Hatsune Miku; Senbonzakura- Crunches
8) Sword Art Online Opening 2; Overlfy- Sit-ups
8) Hyouka Ending 2; Mystery Surrounding You- Squats
9) K Project Main Instrumental Theme- Stretching (quads, calves, arms, legs, splits, etc.)
10) Fate Zero Ending 2; Sora wa Takaku Kaze wa Utau- Deep Breathing, Cooling Down
11) Uta no Prince-Sama Character Song- Eien no Tristar
12) Black Butler Opening 2- Shiver
13) Free! Ending- Splash Free!
14) Toradora Opening 2- Silky Heart
15) The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi Ending- Hare Hare Yukai
Cloudy’s Shonen Otaku Workout Playlist
1) One Piece Opening 1; We Are
2) Naruto Opening 3- Kanashimi wo Yasasshiani
3) Gurren Lagann Opening 2- Sorairo Days
4) Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Opening 5- Rain
5) Code Geass Opening; Colours
6) Blade Opening; Slashing Through the Night
7) Magica Madoka Insert Song- Magia
8) Gintama Opening 10- Dilemma
9) Guilty Crown Opening 10- My Dearest
10) Deadman Wonderland Opening- One Reason
11) Hatsune Miku- World is Mine
12) Shingeki no Kyojin Opening- Guren no Yumiya
13) K-On Insert Song- Fuwa Fuwa Time
14) Fairytail Opening 10- Towa no Kizuna
15) Bleach Opening 13- Ranbu no Melody
Originally I was planning on around eight or nine songs but they ended up DOUBLING after I did some research. I hope you guys like what I’ve compiled here… I just realized I forgot to throw in any Inuyasha into the lists but feel free to add your own selections to what I have so far. I tried really hard to get a mix of some oldies and some newer ones.
Thank you guys for reading this really long post and I hope you found something fun to listen to. Hopefully I motivated you just a bit to throw in a few minutes of exercise every day. Comment below on the songs you like from the lists or a song that’s not on the lists. I would love hear your favourites! Have a great day!
What are you pondering today?